Sunday, May 10, 2009
- Husband of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton!
- From a town called Hope!
- Before having heart surgery in 2004, known to enjoy the occasional cigar!
- Nickname: Slick Willie!
- Key supporter of the North American Free Trade Agreement -- which made it easier for businesses to exploit workers in the hunt for ever-bigger profits!
- Signed welfare reform legislation, making life more difficult for millions of Americans!
- Fostered the inflation of the 1990s dot-com bubble, dress rehearsal for the economic meltdown of 2008 -- and product of the same free-market ideology!
- Pushed to expand subprime mortgage lending!
- Ramped up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac leverage levels to finance subprime mortgages!
- Repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, which kept investment and commercial banks and insurance companies separate -- paving the way for the creation of too-big-to-fail financial institutions!
- Signed the Commodities Futures Modernization Act -- ensuring that the risky derivatives that would topple the global financial system remained exempt from regulation!
- Since leaving government, has made some $75 million writing books and giving speeches!
- Made millions more selling his Rolodex of Middle Eastern royals to the investment firm of Ron Burkle -- a billionaire buddy and political contributor!
- Is he an idiot? Depends on what the meaning of "is" is!
Posted by Joe Six-Pack at 1:47 AM