Thursday, February 26, 2009
- The 43rd President of the United States of America!
- Born with a silver spoon in his mouth!
- Like his father and grandfather before him, attended Yale -- where he got Cs!
- Member of Yale's elite Skull & Bones secret society!
- Was a cheerleader in college -- and, later, a cheerleader for deregulation and lower taxes for the super-rich!
- Cokehead, drunk, and failed oilman!
- The nation's first CEO president, ran his country even less effectively than his businesses!
- Pushed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to meet aggressive targets for loans to low-income home buyers!
- In 2006 pooh-poohed warnings of a looming housing crash!
- In 2007 blamed the subprime-mortgage crash on homeowners with insufficient "financial literacy" -- not deregulated markets or greedy lenders!
- In 2002, demanded that Argentina respond to an economic crisis by instituting free-market reforms!
- In 2008, when the U.S. faced its own economic crisis and the government gave hundreds of billions of dollars to struggling private-sector financial institutions, said, "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system" -- with a straight face!
- Even in 2008, continued to deny that the U.S. economy was in a recession -- and that it was fundamentally strong!
- Granted Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson unprecedented power when credit markets froze, resulting in a haphazardly planned bailout that gave Paulson's banker buddies hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars -- with no direction on how the money should be used, and no oversight of how bankers used it!
- Throughout his presidency, took credit for creating jobs and stock market growth!
- Today the jobless rate is skyrocketing -- and the stock market is lower than it was when Bush took office!
- Thanks to the foreclosure boom caused by Bush policy, today the U.S. homeownership rate is no higher than it was when he entered office!
Posted by Joe Six-Pack at 6:49 PM