Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- United States Senator (D-CT)!
- Chairman of the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs -- ground zero for Senate banking-oversight efforts!
- Regular recipient of massive campaign donations from the very financial institutions he's charged with regulating!
- In sum, has received $13.2 in contributions from Wall Street since 1989!
- Received more money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac than any other legislator!
- Ignored warnings about dangers to Fannie and Freddie resulting from their aggressive subprime lending -- and fought efforts to regulate them more closely!
- In July 2008, said of Fannie and Freddie, "These are viable, strong institutions"!
- In September 2008, Fannie and Freddie collapsed and were taken over by the government -- at a cost to taxpayers of $200 billion!
- As a "Friend of Angelo", received sweetheart mortgage from Countrywide Financial!
- Pushed housing bailout bill that would have benefited Countrywide to the tune of $25 billion!
- Has received nearly $300,000 in contributions from AIG since 1998!
- Premier idiot Joe Cassano personally solicited contributions to Dodd from his employees!
- To date, the AIG bailout has cost taxpayers $170 billion!
- Amended the original bailout bill to allow the payment of AIG bonuses totaling $165 million -- but claimed to have no idea how the amendment got into the bill when public outcry ensued!
- Current approval rating among his constituents? A whopping 33 percent!
Posted by Joe Six-Pack at 11:04 AM