Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- Russian-born writer -- and inventor of Objectivism, a simplistic philosophy beloved by 15-year-old social outcasts everywhere!
- Believed self-interest to be all good -- and altruism to be evil!
- Found the idea of volunteering to help the less fortunate to be offensive!
- Elevated a rapist to hero status in her novel The Fountainhead!
- Provided a pseudo-intellectual justification for narcissism and selfishness!
- Never really addressed what would happen to those who don't "make it" in her ideal, selfish society; presumably, they would be sent somewhere where they could starve in private!
- Favorite of CEOs, bankers, and others with excessively favorable opinions of themselves!
- Current acolytes include deep thinkers like TV "journalist" John Stossel -- and Rush drummer Neil Peart!
- Mentor to former Federal Reserve chairman (and fellow idiot) Alan Greenspan!
- Admired by anti-tax, anti-regulation free marketeers like Newt Gingrich, Ronald Reagan, Tom DeLay, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh!
- Rather than "going Galt" and refusing to participate in society, her followers tend to whine about government -- while continuing to drive on government-built and -maintained highways, use government-run postal services, and enjoy government-run police and fire protection!
- Some Randians even consider Somalia to be an ideal small-government nation!
Posted by Joe Six-Pack at 12:55 AM